Cry, Cry Baby

1235324_10201977723867687_1052333030_n (1)ResizedImage_1387156932279 ResizedImage_1387156879361

I think it is universally understood that babies cry when they are hungry, sleepy, uncomfortable or in pain, and when they are unhappy about their diaper situation. However, if you are around a baby for say just 2 hours you will quickly learn that while those types of crying do occur, they only do so roughly 10% of the time. The remaining 90% of the time the crying stems from much more complex scenarios.  If you meet these Trishlets you may think they never cry because given attention they behave strangely well, but don’t let their baby manners and the fact that there are three of them fool you.  There are “tears” flowing, flowing, and flowing on any given day. (Everything must be written thrice times.) So let me present to you a brief list of the quite common situations that provoke emotional outbursts.

18 Everyday Instances that result in the Crying of tears Fake Tears

1)  Looking at them and not making a motion to pick them up.

My take: There’s three of you and one of me, so get used to it babies.

2)  Not looking at them.

My take: Deliberately avoiding eye contact is a skill nannies of multiples must perfect or else the only other option they have is to quit their job.

3)  Climbing/Crawling on top of babies

My take: This may actually be an understandable reason for bursts of crying, but they gotta learn that other babies are off limits when constructing the lists of things you can and cannot climb.

4)  Dismissing their hands from the keyboard as they try to type f^^^GBX======//?><MPlopwn Esc key Esc key Esc key into your research paper.

My take:  I get it.  I appreciate the act of mimicking or rather reckless slapping, but there is a time and a place for everything just remember that.

5)  Removing paper and other indigestible objects from their mouth.

My take:  Your taste buds and your rabid teething ways may be telling you coupons and iPod wires are appetizing but reality is, is they aren’t.  Plus the choking factor.

6)  Standing up against the couch and another baby comes to join you.

My take:  Crying over the presence of others, while valid in some cases, is just not okay when it’s your blood.

7)  Changing and then giving another baby a bottle first.

My take:  Did I really ever expect anything less? Continue reading Cry, Cry Baby